Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Boy or Girl???

Wednesday, May 23rd....I had been looking forward to this date for the previous 5.5 weeks.  This would be the date of our ultrasound, when we would find out if Caeden would have a new brother or sister.  We quickly decided that we wanted to do some sort of "Gender Reveal Party."  We wanted to do something fun to find out what we were having, but under one condition - it had to be the day of the ultrasound!  I could not stand to wait one or more days to find out!

So, May 23rd arrived and I was so nervous! I actually didn't even sleep very well the night before! I don't know why I was so nervous.  I think it was because I was afraid we would accidentally find out before the party, or the ultrasound tech wouldn't be able to tell the gender, or just the fact that I would leave the ultrasound not knowing what I was having!  So, we had the ultrasound first thing in the morning (8:30am) and we are happy to report that the baby looked perfectly healthy!  The tech put the ultrasound pictures in a manila envelope so we couldn't see them.  And she wrote on a small index card what the gender was, put it in an envelope, and sealed it up.  Do you know how hard it was to leave, with the verdict in my purse, and not being able to look????  At one point during the ultrasound, the tech referred to it as a "he," but I had also been saying "he" throughout the entire ultrasound.  So, we left wondering if she slipped or if she just said that because that's what I had been saying.  I truly, honestly, was 100% sure it was a boy!  My pregnancy has been so much the same as the first one, this baby has been very active just like Caeden was, and Reid's family has all boys.....so I truly thought I would be a mom of all boys!  And was excited for that! 

 Here are a few of the fun ultrasound pictures:
Leg & Foot

Profile


We then went to the doctor's office, where she looked at our ultrasound pictures, and kept it a secret from us the entire appointment.  Our next stop?  Walmart!  We had recently collected a large empty box from Sears and took it to Walmart.  We explained to the ladies at Customer Service that we had our ultrasound that morning, but did not look at the gender.  We handed them a package of blue balloons and a package of pink balloons.  We asked them to look in our small envelope at what we were having, ring up the correct color behind the counter, and we paid for them.  We then walked around the store for 30 minutes, while they put helium in the "correct" color of balloons, stuffed them in our LARGE box, and taped it up for us.  We came to pick it up, and took it home.  We then had fun decorating the box at home!



A few hours later, off to the Gender Reveal Party.  We had a total of 49 people there, and were so happy our family and close friends got to celebrate this moment with us!  We had each person wear either a pink or blue shirt, indicating their prediction of the gender.  Caeden was excited to see what color the balloons were.  He made it very clear to us that the baby would be a boy, and would not be a girl!


Here's a picture of those predicting a BOY (Team Blue):

And those predicting a GIRL (Team Pink:


We took a few more pictures...


Then busted open the box with our hands!  




I cannot express in words how utterly shocked we both were!  Yes, Reid wanted a girl, but he made it very clear that he thought it was a boy....he was just hoping for a girl.  I'm telling you - I KNEW it was a boy!  As soon as I saw the pink balloons, I ran over to grab the manila envelope with the ultrasound pictures - I wanted to make sure it really was a girl!  I had been so positive it was a boy, that I kept waking up in the middle of the night that night, worrying that the ultrasound tech was wrong!  I just couldn't believe it!  There's no way!  But luckily we have the ultrasound pictures and they definitely prove it!  I talked to another ultrasound tech the other day and she said that it's without a doubt a girl!  For real??  It's been almost a week, and I'm still shocked!  I think I'll still be shocked when I'm holding her in my arms.  I didn't think it was possible for me to have a girl!  But we are both just so excited and thrilled.  Caeden is still getting used to the idea, but I know he will love her so much!  He probably won't really grasp the whole idea until she's here anyway!

Here's our verifying picture:
It's hard to tell here because it's grainy since I had to scan it in.
But the 3 little lines between her legs are what gives it away!

So, as many people have asked....no, we don't have a name yet.  It took us awhile to agree on Caeden's, so it will probably be a few weeks (maybe longer) before we know her name.  We have a list and a few favorites, so I'm sure it won't be too long!  This is just so crazy!  I can't tell you how many times I've replayed the moment in my mind when I saw the pink balloons.  I just was. not. expecting. that. at. ALL!  We absolutely loved having a party with our friends and finding out the way we did!  We would not have done it any other way! 

For those of you that did not see our Reveal Video that we posted on facebook, you can view it here:




1 comment:

  1. I think I was in such a state of disbelief, I hardly knew what to say or what to do! I think I sort of 'checked' out! My three boys are SO SO important to me, as is our precious Caeden, but can't wait to experience a sweet little girl in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete